Back to News
Pastor D’s Letter October 18, 2020
It’s only October, but before you know it, the Holidays will be upon us. Soon it will be Thanksgiving then Advent, Christmas and New Year’s. I don’t know what Covid 19 will do to the traditions at church and in homes around the Holidays, but some things don’t change. Hallmark’s Christmas Countdown starts next Friday, October 23rd. That is before Reformation Sunday and Halloween. And while I like to condemn starting Christmas before Halloween, I have to confess that I like the Hallmark Christmas Countdown.
Here is what I do know about the Holidays at SVPC:
- Sunday school for Children will resume November 1, 2020 during the service for those families who attend in person worship. We will offer two classes, k-3 and 4-6 grade. A Covid 19 form used by the Scouts will be sent to the parents (or given to them when they come to church) which will be signed. Safety precautions will be followed, including wearing masks and social distancing.
- We will have our traditional Stewardship drive during November.
- As Part of that Drive we will hear from some of our Mission Partners. On November 8, 2020 (Caregiver Sunday) we will hear from Jonathon Sanborn Director of Care Portal for California, Arizona, and Hawaii.
- On November 15 (Hunger and Homelessness Sunday) we will hear from Barbara Rochester from Crossroads Mission.
- Hanging of the Greens will take place in worship on November 29 (the first Sunday of Advent).
- We are tentative on a Christmas Play with the children but would like to do one. PARENTS, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HAVING YOUR CHILDREN BE PART OF THE CHRISTMAS PLAY PLEASE CONTACT THE CHURCH OFFICE!
- Christmas Eve Service will take place on Christmas Eve at 6:30 P.M.
See you Sunday, in person or on Facebook,
- Adult Sunday school this week: The Parable of Hidden Treasure and the Pearl of Great Value (Matthew 13:44-46.
- Wonderful Wednesday Night Bible Study this coming week: 1 Kings 19.
- If you cannot come in person we continue to broadcast our SERVICE LIVE every Sunday at 9 a.m. onhttps://www.facebook.com/SierraVistaPresbyterianChurch/. If you come to worship in person or watch at home, invite a friend to join you.
- If you watch on Facebook, Worship sheets are available on our website athttps://www.sierravistayuma.com/under the NEWS Tab.
- If you wish to receive the monthly newsletter or know someone who wants to receive Pastor D’s Letter, contact the church office with that information.
- Thank you for your continued financial support of the church by giving in person, mailing a check, or giving ONLINE!